The Andersons, Inc. Renames Processing Group
Nov 22, 2005
The Andersons, Inc.
The Lawn Division manufactures turf and ornamental plant fertilizer and control products for the professional golf and landscaping industries as well as for lawn and garden uses. The Cob Division produces corncob-based products for a variety of uses that include branded products in the laboratory industry, industrial applications, litter products and chemical carriers.
According to Tom Waggoner, President of the Turf & Specialty Group, "We changed the group's name to better reflect our future product and service focus, premium products that serve very specific needs of our customers. We are excited about the range of new products we are bringing to the marketplace in the next two years and feel this new name better symbolizes what we want to do for our customers."
The Andersons, Inc. is a diversified company with interests in the grain and plant nutrient sectors of U.S. agriculture, as well as in railcar marketing, industrial materials formulation, turf products production, and general merchandise retailing. Founded in Maumee, Ohio, in 1947, the company presently has operations in seven U.S. states plus rail equipment leasing interests in Canada and Mexico. Total revenues in 2004 were $1.3 billion.
SOURCE: The Andersons, Inc.
CONTACT: Gary Smith, VP Finance & Treasurer of The Andersons, Inc.,
Web site: http://www.andersonsinc.com/